Order Confirmation & Shipment Emails
PLEASE NOTE: ALL Correspondence Will Come From Our Parent Company SHINE LIGHTING LTD.
We always send order confirmations after you have purchased an item from us.
Once your order has been shipped you will also receive an email letting you know your order is on the way.
If you have not received either please check your spam, junk, blocked email folders as sometimes our emails get confused with junk and spam.
Bulb (Lamp) Types
Below is an informative guide to light bulb types.
LED Lamps Explained
Technology has progressed further, to a point where there is a direct LED equivalent to existing halogen and incandescent lamps.
The future is bright too; new technology will see brighter LEDs using even less power than they currently do.
The strips of phosphor have tiny LED chips embedded inside.
When they are lit, they shine in a similar way to the original incandescent lamps.
Some LEDs can be dimmed, if you are unsure please ask us we are happy to help.
Use our quick & easy guide to find the LED replacement for your existing non-LED lamps.
Simply look for the wattage of the existing lamp you have and then look to the top row of the table below to find the LED wattage equivalent.
(this is intended as an information guide)
Our ceiling fans can be used in a bedroom, conservatory, dining area or restaurant.
Fashionable, high quality ceiling fans and light kits add comfort, colour and complementary style to any room.
For all year use the majority of our fans have rotate in either direction enabling the ceiling fan to be used in the winter to push warm air down from the ceiling.
The remote controls and wall switchs avalible from this site can not be both installed together. It is either use of the fan by remote control operation or wall switch operation.
Use with normal houseold on/off switches is also ok for our ceiling fans.
- For rooms up to: 12 sqm use 30" - 36" ceiling fans.
- For rooms up to: 15 sqm use 42" ceiling fans
- For rooms up to: 20 sqm use 44" - 48" ceiling fans
- For rooms up to: 25 - 30 sqm use 52" ceiling fans or larger
- For rooms bigger than 30 sqm the use of more than one ceiling fan is recommended.
For optimum cooling performance please follow the guidelines below.
Ceiling fan blades should be at least 7 '/ 2.4m from the floor but no higher than 8-9' / 2.8m
For ceilings 9' and higher an extension down rod is required to bring the ceiling fan down to the suggested height as above.
Two options avalible.
Infra-red control (just like your TV remote) or Radio frequency control.
- 3 speed with off control for fan
- On/Off and dimmer function for the light (If fitted)
Wall Control Switch.
Two options avalible and both suitable for use with all ceiling fans.
- 4 speed and off control for fan
- On/Off control for light (If fitted)
Help with IP ratings
The most common question we are asked is about IP ratings and bathroom lighting.
Unfortunately it is not as easy as “that light will look great in the bathroom, lets get it!”
As we all know electricity and water do not play well together so IP ratings are really important in a bathroom or wash room
IP stands for ‘Ingress Protection’ and then the numerical rating after relates to the water-proofness of a light.
*Below we will explain as simply as possible bout IP ratings.
So the higher the IP rating the less likely water will be able to get into your light. A light that is totally submerged will have a IP67 rating.
Now things get a little more complex from here - the actual IP rating your light needs really is dependant on it’s position in your bathroom.
The diagram below will help make things become clearer.
- Zone 0 - This is actually inside your shower or bath area. Any lights used here must be low voltage 12v and a minimum IP67 rated.
- Zone 1 - This is the area above the bath to a maximum height of 2.25m from the floor, any lights here must be a minimum of IP 44 rated. (If a water jet is likely to be used then a fitting of IP65 minimum should be used)
- Zone 2 - This is an area of 0.6m around the bath/shower and height of 2.25m or 60cm radius around a washbasin tap. Lights here need to be at least IP44 rated. (If a water jet is likely to be used then a fitting of IP65 minimum should be used)
- Zone 3 - This is everywhere else and as such no official IP rating is required, unless water-jets are likely to be used, and a risk of the fitting getting wet then IP65 minimum should be used.
IP ratings explained fully:
The first digit – Protection against ingress of things that should not be there such as: tools, dust, fingers, etc.
The second digit – Protection against ingress of liquids. For example a fitting of IP44 rating offers protection from solid objects bigger than 1 mm and also water sprayed from all directions.
The first digit – protection from foreign bodies
- IP0x – Not protected from foreign bodies
- IP1x – Protection from solid objects greater than 50mm (for example: accidental touch by hands)
- IP2x – Protection from solid objects up to 12mm (for example: fingers)
- IP3x – Protection from solid objects greater than 2.5mm (for example: tools and wires)
- IP4x – Protection from solid objects greater than 1mm (for example: small tools and wires)
- IP5x – Protection from dust, limited ingress (for example: no harmful deposit)
- IP6x – Total protection against dust.
The second digit – protection from liquids
- IPx0 – No protection at all from liquids
- IPx1 – Protection from any vertically falling drops of water (for example: condensation)
- IPx2 – Protection from any direct sprays of water up to 15 degrees from vertical
- IPx3 – Protection from any direct sprays of water up to 60 degrees from vertical
- IPx4 – Protection from any water sprayed from all directions – limited ingress permitted
- IPx5 – Protected from any low pressure jets of water from all directions – limited ingress permitted
- IPx6 – Protected from any high pressure jets of water (use on ship deck) – limited ingress permitted
- IPx7 – Protected against any effects of immersion between 15cm and 1m
- IPx8 – Protected against any long periods of immersion under pressure.
Although there are numerous combinations of IP ratings, the most common ones are: IP67, IP65, IP44, IP20.
*This guide is not a definitive answer to IP ratings and the requirements needed. It is for information purposes only.
Before any work is carried out, Shine Lighting highly recommend that a fully qualified electrician is consulted for safety and for your individual needs and requirements.
How do I care for my purchase?
- For crystal care - a lint free cloth is recommend and then clean the crystal by rubbing, with regular clean your will crystal will stay bright and sparkly.
- For glass shades - only those that can be fully removed from your fitting, wash in warm soapy water is all that is required. Do not use any abrasive on glass and ensure fully dry before refitting.
- For material shades - use an hair dryer on cold to blow dust from your shade. Do not use a cleaning liquid on any material shade, If needed consult and expert.
- For Metal parts - use a clean non abrasive cloth, be sure to not apply to much pressure.
Never use a liquid spray near to electrical parts of any bulb/lamp/light/fitting/chandelier/pendant etc
If help is needed ask a family member or friend.
Remember Light bulbs/lamps can and do get very hot quickly even if they have only been on for a short period of time.
Use common sense at all times when cleaning or touching your bulb/lamp/light/fitting/chandelier/pendant etc
Terms & Conditions
- Shine Lighting is a trading name of SHINE LIGHTING LTD.
- Terms and Conditions for the use Shine Lighting website.
- By accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
- If you do not agree to be bound by the below terms and conditions you are not permitted to use or access the website.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by any of the following store policies.
- All prices shown include VAT at the prevailing rate for the United Kingdom.
- PLEASE NOTE: All Orders & Payments Will Be Shown As Our Parent Company SHINE LIGHTING LTD.
- Using the Shine Lighting online store is safe and secure!
- We use Stripe and PayPal for peace of mind these systems are 100% secure as is the Shine Lighting website.
- If you do not wish to use the online payment system we will accept cheque payments but this will delay your order as the payment will need to clear before any goods are dispatched.
- If you wish to pay by cheque please contact us to place your order.
- By entering your credit/debit card or your Paypal details on the payment screen, you are committing and agreeing to purchase your select items.
- The total cost of your order placed will be taken from your chosen payment option straight away.
Price Match Promise
- We work very hard to ensure we always offer fantastic prices.
- We will price match where possible any other companies prices, before completion of your purchase.
- This will not apply to an item that is offered on sale, clearance or any other offer.
- Delivery to a UK mainland address is free of charge on all orders over £35.00. Orders under this will incur a small carriage cost of only £5.99
- Delivery to the following locations will incur a carriage cost: Channel Islands, Isle Of Man, Scottish Islands & Northern Ireland £25.00
- Scottish Highlands & Isle Of White £15.00
- Ordering for the following countries. Please order via the webstore in the normal way, carriage costs apply and will be displayed prior to confirming your order.
Portugal - Romania - Russia - Serbia - Slovakia - Slovenia - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland
- We endeavour to dispatch orders normally within 2-14 working days* upon receipt of your order and cleared funds. This is subject to ours and suppliers stock availability.
- If for any reason there is a delivery delay of in excess of 14 working days we will contact you to advise the likely delivery date.
- *"Bespoke" and "Special Order" fittings are subject to longer delivery times, please contact us for details.
- Outside of the UK delivery times will vary.
Returns, Refunds & Cancelation
- We want you to be happy with your purchase from us, we offer a 14 day returns policy for any unwanted item/s.
- You have the right to cancel the contract (order) at any time up to 14 working days from the date of delivery.
- Business to business sales are exempt from the 14 day cancelation & returns policy, Items from B2B sales that are mis ordered or not wanted can be subject to a 35% restocking charge.
- As the customer you have a duty of care whilst the item/s is in your possession, please see below.
- We request that any item/s being returned are in its original condition, this being unused, all labels are intact, no writing on the product box and in the original packaging and delivery box.
- Do not remove protective shade wrapping, removal will deem the item non returnable.
- Shine Lighting will not pay for unwanted goods to be returned.
- Goods can be returned by courier or registered post, at the customers cost.
- We regret that we are unable to collect. Any claim for an unwanted item/s will be refused after 14 days.
- The 14-day money back policy (see above). Does not apply to hand-made/bespoke/special order items or products made to your specification.
- Any faults or shortages must be reported to us within 2 days of delivery.
- Cancelled goods returned to us will be refunded as soon as they are recieved by us. Please note this can take up to 7 days to appear in your account.
- All goods being returned require a returns number please email us for this - email@example.com
- *The 14-day money back policy (see above) does not apply to hand-made/bespoke/special/made to order items or products made to your specification.
- *We regret due to the nature of hand-made/bespoke/special order items being made specifically for you they can not be returned. Unless faulty.
- All products carry a limited 1 year manufactures warranty, excluding lamps (bulbs). In the unlikely event of a fault occurring the product will either be repaired or replaced according to the nature of the fault.
- The warranty applies to electrical components only and is void if it is deemed that the product has been incorrectly fitted or suffered abuse in such a manner not intended for the purpose it was supplied.
- All outdoor fittings unless otherwise stated come with a 3 year guarantee against corrosion, this guarantee is void if the fitting/s are installed in an area where salt, fertilisers and chemical pollution is in the air or soil (salty or acidic atmospheric conditions)
Lamps & TubesFrom 1st September 2016 New Regulations Mean G9 & GU10 Halogen Lamps Have Been Discontinued & Will Not Be Available On New Stock.
- Any product that is sold including lamps (bulbs) or tubes are sold on the basis the lamps and tubes are supplied free of charge and are excluded from any warranty claim or damaged on delivery claim. Shine Lighting is unable to provide free of charge replacements.
- Lamp (Bulbs) / Tubes are Included unless stated as "Not Included"
- G9 & GU10 LED replacement lamps are available, please contact us.
- It is a requirement that all products supplied by Shine Lighting must be installed by a fully qualified electrician, all products must be earthed where necessary.
- Additional items required for fitting i.e. screws, raw/wall plugs are not included in the packaging. It is the responsibility of a qualified electrician to check suitability of all screws and fixings for the job required. Shine Lighting (Shine Lighting Ltd) will accept no liability for any personal damages such as electrocution due to improper installation.
- It is not advised to book an electrician before the goods arrive.
- Shine Lighting (Shine Lighting Ltd) will not be held liable for any electrician's costs if deliveries are delayed.
- All products listed on this website comply to British standards.
- Dimensions and descriptions are given as a guide only, and do not constitute a legally binding contract.
- All products come complete with lamps (light bulbs) unless otherwise stated.
- Products styles can change without prior warning, this is beyond the control of Shine Lighting (Shine Lighting Ltd)
- Some form of self assemble will be required for all light fittings shown.
- Information given to Shine Lighting (Shine Lighting Ltd) is never shared or sold to third parties.
- Shine Lighting (Shine Lighting Ltd) may at times use your contact details to notify you of special offers, promotions, new products or to request feedback on service recieved.
- No credit, debit card or other payment information is ever stored by Shine Lighting (Shine Lighting Ltd)
- All images used within the Shine Lighting website are owned by the relevent companies that the product depicts or Shine Lighting Ltd and can not be recreated/copied in any form.
Where is Shine Lighting based?
We are based on the south coast just outside of Poole (Dorset)
You are more than welcome to visit our well stocked Shine Lighting Limited showroom personally should you wish.
Our opening hours are: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm & Saturday 9.00am - 3.00pm
We are closed on Sundays, but you can still browse and order from our website!
(Other times are availble by appointment)
Shine Lighting Limited
5 Moor Road
Tel: 01202 601846
Reg in England and Wales. Comapny Number: 6980567
VAT Number: GB 125790310